I know, right? WICKED! I nicked Donna Hay’s idea of using sour cream instead of milk/buttermilk – happy to emulate culinary Genius. These are perfect for freezing and popping in kid’s lunchboxes.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup chopped Lindt Chilli Chocolate (or other quality dark chocolate NOT cooking chocolate. Please.)
- 1/2 cup roasted and chopped macadamias
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Spray a 12 x muffin pan with olive oil spray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, lemon rind and olive oil.
- Stir wet ingredients through the flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the raspberries, chilli chocolate and macadamia and spoon into the muffin pans, right to the rim of the pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a metal skewer comes out clean.