You know I don’t do craft, yes? I do however, respect the pants off anyone who can do craft and I love a good Christmas Market. The scent of cinnamon wafting through a humid afternoon (or if you live in the Melbourne I do—freezing arctic winds), tea lights illuminating the festive wares, the vibe of “thank f*ck the year is nearly over” merriment.
Here are some markets (mostly twilight markets) to look out for this season, leading up to Christmas*:
- Queen Vic Markets Night Markets [Melbourne Fringe]—every Wednesday night from 5—10pm.
- St Kilda Farmers Market special Christmas market [St Kilda]—Wednesday, 18 December from 3—8pm.
- Kris Kringle Night Market [Northcote]—every Thursday night from 5.30—10pm.
- St. Kilda Twilight Market [St Kilda]—every Thursday night from 5—10pm.
- South Melbourne Night Market [South Melbourne]—every Thursday night from 5.30—10pm.
- Coburg Night Market [Coburg]—every Friday night, 5.30—10pm.
- Supper Market at Abbotsford Convent [Abbotsford]—not strictly a Christmas market, it’s open every Friday in summer from 6-10pm.
- Hawthorn Christmas Twilight Market [Hawthorn]—Friday, 13 December from 5.30—9.30pm.
- Made N Thornbury Craft Market [Thornbury]—Saturday, December 14, 10—4pm.
- Kensington Arts & Craft Market [Kensington]—Sunday, December 15, 10– 3
*Some of these markets go on after Christmas. Check the linked website for further details. This post is entirely unsponsored.
Are there any Christmas markets in your area that you’d like to give a shout-out to?