Ahem, I’m not really a stalker. Unless you count that time in 1986 when I hung outside the Newcastle Workers Club waiting for Iva Davies to come out and fall in love with me (he must have escaped out another door. Nothing to do with me, clearly).
But today I’m taking leaves off my roomie-to-be Kim Abbate‘s tree and doing me a little list of bloggers I would like to meet at the Digital Parents Conference on Wednesday. That’s right, I’m passing the buck on my penchant for skulking behind doors and sheer curtains to other top-shelf bloggers.
For the uninitiated, the Digital Parents Conference is a two-day fiesta of blogger/social media goodness, fraternisation and workshops. The little nerdy calculator inside my head tells me I know roughly 13% of the attendees. Between Problogger and various blogger outreach events, I’ve been certainly getting around (it’s OK I don’t have any bizarre diseases).
Here are my Top 10 Bloggers I would like to stal…yo, meet at DPCon. Most of these blogs are ones whose virtual windows I’ve lovingly peeped through since I’ve been blogging (sometimes with binoculars. Don’t get creeped out or anything) but whom I’ve never met. The actual list runs quite a bit longer, but I don’t want to lose you on this.
- Eden Riley. I chickened out of introducing myself to Eden at Problogger. I love her writing and reckon she’s probably a girlcrush for many. Too much pressure, dude.
- Kylie Purtell from A Study in Contradictions. A highly engaging, funny-as-f*ck blogger.
- Sharon from Twitchy Corner. Love Twitchy’s writing – she’s a bit like me (read: she’s pantie-wettingly funny but can also be heartwrenchingly serious). No tickets or anything.
- Catherine Roadie-Blagg from Cup of Tea and a Blog. One of the first blogs I ever read.
- Yvette Bower from Little Bento Blog. ‘Cos she’s a Japanophile just like me.
- Kerri Sackville (see #1. BukBukBukBUK).
- Reservoir Dad. Lives up the road, but never met him. I’ve heard he’s pretty funny. Bring it, RD, bring it.
- Tackle Nappy boys. My husband met them at Problogger and he tells me they’re top-of-the-range.
- Katie 180. Katie tells it how it is. I love that.
- Essentially Jess. To meet the face behind “I Blog on Tuesdays” (#IBOT)
Now I’ve written this list, I’ve GOT to follow through on it, don’t I? Watch this space for some more tales from the chicken coop (although I may be a bit sporadic with posting this week. Just ask the heap of blogger curled up drunk in the hotel corridor on Thursday night. That won’t be me. EVER).