LOOK OUT! Acute self-indulgence coming through. ‘SCUSE ME, ‘SCUSE ME, SELF INDULGENCE COMING THROUGH. Oops sorry, I did warn you. And to make it worse, there’s only 50 self-indulgent things about me today. The rest tomorrow.
10 top places on my bucket list
- Petra, Jordan
- The Caribbean Islands. All of them.
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Santorini Coast, Greece
- Newfoundland, Canada (with a side trip to Churchill to see the polar bears)
- Dubrovnik, Croatia
5 encounters with famous people
- The Edge – in 1994 I serviced, I mean, served The Edge at the Wilderness Society shop in Bris Vegas. I was trembling so badly I double-dipped his items at the till. Easiest tip I ever got.
- Iva Davies – in 1986, Iva dragged me and 4 other lovely wenches on stage during a “Baby You’re so Strange” encore. He could clearly smell the teenage desperation.
- Margaret Atwood – ran into M.A and her partner at the York Street Kitchen in Stratford, Ontario. I was shaking so bad I could barely make eye contact. She’s a scary f*cking presence that one.
- Paul Gross (Benton from Due South) – during the same trip to the Stratford Shakespeare Festival, I saw Paul at the train station with his two kids. He was my IDOL at the time and I thought I was going to upchuck so badly. I think I actually did do a little peepee in my panties.
- Ed Phillips – hosted Temptation back in 2008. I corrected his word usage after filming an episode and he didn’t speak to me after that.
5 random things you might not know about me
- I worked as an extra in Vancouver and Tokyo. I got moshed by Barry Pepper. Who the f*ck is he? I hear you ask.
- Contrary to blog appearances, I don’t use “Fuck” that much in real life. Actually, that’s a lie. I use it a fucking LOT. Just not in front of my kids.
- I broke my jaw rollerblading in St. Kilda. No, I wasn’t drunk, but fair question.
- I have an Honours degree in Arts (Film and Drama). Which would explain why I’m now studying Commerce.
- I lived in a haunted house in Red Hill, Brisbane. Whether it was really haunted or we were all whacked out on dope and theatrical license, I guess we’ll never know.
10 of my all-time favourite TV Shows
- Dawson’s Creek
- Due South
- The X-Files
- Northern Exposure
- Six Feet Under
- Twin Peaks
5 funny-as-f*ck comedians/comediennes
- Stephen K Amos
- Denise Scott (local lass!)
- Robin Williams
- Flight of the Conchords
- Ross Noble
5 Celebrity Crushes (it was going to be 10 but Husband waved “papers” at me)
- Jensen Ackles (Noooo! How did I not know about this)
- Jared Padalecki (the Yang to Jensen’s Yang)
- Joshua Jackson (Just to round out the Js)
- Kerr Smith
- Damian Lewis (ginge binge!)
10 Bands I’ve seen live
- Radiohead – Summer Sonic, Tokyo 2003
- Tori Amos (twice) – Brisbane 1991 and Vancouver 1996
- Icehouse – Newcastle 1986 (yes, I was waaaaay underaged)
- Peter Gabriel – Brisbane 1993
- Dave Matthews Band – St Kilda 2004
- Sarah McLachlan (twice) – First ever Lilith Fair, Vancouver 1996 and Melbourne 2005
- Split Enz – End of the Enz tour, ummmm, a f*cking long time ago in Speers Point.
- Blondie – Summer Sonic, Tokyo 2003
- Hunters and Collectors – Last ever tour. St Kilda 1998
- Moby – Melbourne 2000(ish)