Over the past two days, the two lovely Mrs’ – Mrs P and Mrs D have tagged me for the Liebster Award (for the new or popularity-challenged blogs) and the Versatile Blogger Award (for new or recently discovered blogs) respectively. Liebster actually means “favourite” or “darling” – both words I like to bestow on my two beloved daughters. Just not necessarily today. Versatile is what I was this morning – dragging the toddler to the car with one hand, opening the car door with the other, carrying Scout’s schoolbag off one foot and sipping from a coffee cup wedged under my chin. I kick the shit out of versatile. I also lied about the coffee cup. And the bag. The toddler carried that.
So, I’ve been on the receiving end of lots of bloggy love and now I’m giving it back.
But each award has its own peculiar set of rules and I’m a lazy fuck, so I’m melting them both into the Versatile Liebster Award. My blogger version of traipsing down Acland Street, a twitchy-eyed virgin, pretending you’re a CEO, not a hooker. Sorry, I don’t know what that even means. But far be it for me to resist the pleasures of the virtual flesh! Bring it.
My Versatile Liebster Award rules (sorry in advance to the VBA and Liebster purists. I may be fucking up your day here):
- Thank the person who gave you this award and link to their blog. That’s common courtesy. Thank you Mrs P and Mrs D. Mwah!
- Next, select 10 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly that are both shit-hot and have less than 200 followers.
- Nominate those 10 bloggers for the Versatile Liebster Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Here are my 7 things:
- I am a relentless shutterbug. As at 10am today I have 34,840 photos on my computer. And I wonder why it constantly shits itself.
- My celebrity freepass is Jensen Ackles. Because, clearly, he would so go there.
- I was accused of plagiarism at University. The only reason this is on my mind is I have a paper due in one week (haven’t submitted one of those for 20 years) and I’m terrified I’m going to get done for plagiarism again. Hey, I can’t help it if my independent thoughts are exactly the same as academic leaders in the field.
- My Meyers-Briggs profile is ENFJ – a “Teacher” Idealist, whatever that means.
- I worked as an extra on film and TV when I lived in both Vancouver and Tokyo. So bummed that I’m not doing it now. See point 2.
- I’ve seen “The Exorcist” probably 100 times. Not for enjoyment (clearly), but for my University Honours Thesis – “Representations of the Devil in Contemporary Film”. It was really quite bad. The thesis that is, the movie ROCKS.
- I met The Edge when I was working retail at the Wilderness Society in Brisbane. I was shaking so bad that I put one of his items through twice and nearly threw up on his stuffed koala (no, that’s not a euphemism).
- Tiny Savages
Drivelology TAKEN BY MRS. D. DAMN YOU.
- Twitchy Corner
- Handmade Tears and Triumphs
- Modern Nomads with Kids
- Around Here
- Alive and Blogging
- Adventures of Java Jane
- Scarlet Words
- Todd and Cherie Plus Three (OK, 211 followers, so shoot me)
- Disorganised Family Love
Go forth my little (and wonderful) nominees! Share the liebe! I’m sorry, did someone say liebe?