Today, I’m giving back a little. This would ordinarily be quite lovely, but I may have partaken of too many birthday bubbles last night, so. Make of that what you will.
If you visit Melbourne Mum for the laughs (or the gaffes, or the self-deprecatory shenanigans), then you’ll love these characters—10 parenting blogs that make me chortle on a regular basis:
- The 40 year old Dad. I love a blogger who is not afraid of the word “f*ck”.
- The Bloggess. The doyen of written humour, get into her now if you’re not already. Metaphorically speaking. The other way would be a bit weird.
- Five Frogs Blog. A bit edgy, a bit nerdy, Michaela has a similar offbeat sense of humour to me.
- Have a Laugh on Me. Em is just a funny bird. Finitum.
- Mumabulous. Crumpet abounds on Mumab’s blog. I am very much in touch with her about these things. You can never have too much of a good thing. More Benedict? Why yes, I’m glad you asked—I’ll take two.
- Pinky Poinker. Pinky comes at you with unexpected humour guns blazing.
- Potty Mouth Mama. I’m still peeved that she nicked my name way before I started Melbourne Mum, but she’s nonetheless a funny broad. Hey, I’m nothing if not conciliatory.
- Reservoir Dad. Fellow northern-suburban Melburnian who tells it like it is, upended testicles and all.
- Slapdash Mama. Randomness from the royal house of slapstick parenting.
- A Study in Contradictions. Kylie has a beautiful soul and she’s a thigh-slapper as well. Which is a perfect marriage, really. Don’t worry, I’m not getting any “ideas”.
Do you have a favourite funny blog/blogger? (go on, say me, me, just say it’s me. Oh OK, choose someone else, then).
Hey, I’m hosting #laughlink NEXT week. Come back and share a humorous post and get in on ALL THE CHORTLES.